- artist visits visual art/poetry
- residency short/long term schools/arts organizations
- artist lectures/presentations
- poetry readings
- art/music/poetry events with individuals/artists/public and private organizationsvideo GloWorksArt Exquisite Corpse/Cadavre Exquis (EC) workshop participants encountered a student engaged in an EC quest of his own! Going in and out of shops and trading asking, successfully, for something based on whether it was larger or smaller then the 1 item he had to trade, he continued this until he was satisfied...this project, he claimed, was for school. He shared his encounters and showed us his last item acquired. Musician/writer E. Oron (FR) chatted with him about the EC and it's connection to his project. Also catch typical activity going on outside...
BELOW gloworksart curated/co-organized events for "Cadavre Exquis Expanded" exhibition of international visual & video artists/writers/musicians works , with public poetry/music events and Cadavre Exquis public drawing, painting, and collage workshop. [image w/text by gloworksart, other text Kulter]
BELOW gloworksart co- curated/co-organized event for "Hard Hearts" exhibition of US artists, for The Urban Individualists (international artists and community arts events ), with music and poetry reading at opening reception, at the WMC, Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY [image by Carl D Sign]
Workshops (most using recycled materials) for 7yrs.-adult where appropriate
- poetry group/individual writing and performance
- puppet making hand/flat/lap/wearable/ and performance
- print making (non-press) collograph/etching/linoleum-cut
- mask making
- sculpture paper/clay (air-dry)/plaster (casting, carving)/stone carving
- hand-drawn animation
- painting acrylic/watercolor/tempra
- collage paper/cloth/mixed media/3D
- pop-up paper art works/books
BELOW G. Holwerda-Williams co-artist instructor/production co-developer, fitting "Carrotye Carrot" (made by GHW) wearable puppet costume on to young audience member, as part of public puppet performances and parade in Staten Island, NY usa, proceeded by summer long puppet-making + 3d wearable collage/assemblage workshops and rehearsals with teaching artists for professional development, and puppet-making with participants in NYC Housing Authorities Harborview Arts programs.
Supplies for puppet fabrication, workshops, portable puppet stage, props, banners, provided by "Materials For The Arts"
ABOVE participating artist educators sportin' their wearable 3D assemblages, created in gloworksart workshop...yes, the subject was food.... focusing on the food pyramid and healthy food choices...
Brooklyn 6th grade students, show off their, freshly painted, papier maiche creations during workshops developed by gloworksart as part of South Street Seaport Museum, at Schools Programs, NYC.
BELOW an early collaborative public project, initiated by GHW, as part of her work as the Education Developer/Coordinator for The Drawing Center in NYC...in Soho their first location. Students from El Puente School for Peace and Justice in Brooklyn NY, with J. Mancuso artist/art teacher, created a sidewalk drawing in homage to Louis Agassiz Fuertes (+see below) an American ornithologist, illustrator/artist, considered as one of the most prolific American bird artists after John James Audubon. They created in response to the work of American artist Charles E. Burchfield (b. April 9, 1893 - d. January 10, 1967 a painter and visionary artist, known for his passionate watercolors of nature scenes and townscapes), which were on exhibition at The D.C. at the time. And... to my left, in the polka-dot skirt the wonderful student intern asst. then...tasty salsa and fresh made corn chips donated by local restaurant for these working artists, and lots of interest from the public!
WANT? art or poetry workshops art exhibition poetry or music events public collaborative projects to purchase unique art works by international artists
art lectures and panel discussions contact: email@example.com